It's Time to Seek Employment - Ready, Set, Go! ~

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My very first résumé -
Oh my goodness!
It's time for this stay-at-home "momma" to seek employment outside of the home.  Wait... did I just say that out loud and type it for all to see?  I guess that means it's real!

Being an at-home-mom is a big job and an important one, but let's face it... it just doesn't pay very well!  My husband and I made the stay-at-home decision many years ago and have been very blessed to be able to make it happen.  I know many ladies who would have loved to have stayed home with their children, so I have been careful not to take my time at home for granted.  (I also know ladies who were running for the door to get back to work - and that's okay too!).

My children are now 10 and 14.  Our family seems to have more wants and needs, which seem to have bigger price tags attached to them, and it would be nice to be able to take vacations, etc.  So... it's time to make some income.

It will definitely be interesting to find out where this new journey takes me.  I am still very open to writing assignments at home (obviously, I would love that!), but will be considering all options. 
The first step in this process is in the works... creating a new résumé!  I love writing résumés and have for years, but I always find it harder to create my own.  (Strange, I know).  Between determining which of the new "rules" are to be followed (don't use this phrase, this word, this format in "today's" résumé), and making sure I use all of the social networking tools out there to my advantage (still figuring out Linked In), I definitely have my work cut out for me.  Of course I'll be sharing along the way hoping my experience might help others tackling the same task.

Wish me luck - I think I'm going to need it! :)

* Writer's note: I could have (perhaps should have) used the word "aloud" in my opening paragraph, however, I write in a conversational manner and would never use the word "aloud" when in conversation!  Therefore, I used the more informal "out loud".  :)

2 comments:

Teressa Morris said...

Good luck in your pursuit!! You are good at so many things!! You would be an asset to any company!!

Creative Kim Funk said...

Thank you so much Teressa! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! :)