Create A Quick and Easy Dinner Tonight! Teriyaki Chicken! ~

Wednesday, March 7, 2012


Kikkoman Teriyaki Takumi
Original Flavor
I love Teriyaki flavored chicken dishes.  Moreover, I LOVE easy dinner ideas.  If you're like me in those ways, you'll definitely like this recipe too!

Super Easy Teriyaki Chicken
Ingredients: 
4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Bottle Kikkoman Teriyaki Takumi Sauce (I use original flavor)

Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Thoroughly clean chicken breasts and cut in half. 
3) In a 9 x 13 glass dish (or other oven safe dish), spread out chicken pieces and pour Teriyaki sauce generously over chicken. 
(You can't really overdue).
4) Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.

That's it!  Serve with white rice, left over sauce (warmed up), and whatever vegetable you like.  Makes for an easy and delicious meal AND warms up nicely for the next day's lunch, etc.

Notes and variations
This is a heavy and thick sauce, not a light soy sauce type consistency.  I did originally try the recipe using Soy Vay's "Veri Veri Teriyaki" (another brand) but personally found it to be too salty.  I think Kikkoman is best!

An easy variation to this recipe is using ANY nice, thick barbecue sauce.  The barbecue option is one we use frequently, turning that dinner into what I call my "Pretend Barbecue" meal consisting of the chicken along with corn on the cob or canned green beans and salad. 

You can view Kikkoman's other Teriyaki Takumi flavors here.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I did "barbecue" chicken in the crock pot. 3lbs chicken thighs, I V8 Tomato Herb soup and a generous dose of you favorite sauce....we use Crazy Charlie's (the best in the world), with a 3/4 cup of water. Set on low, stir occasionally if you can, come home 5-6 hours later and enjoy. We did veg & rice....it was gone before you know it.

I LOVE the crock pot for weeknight dinners, set it in the morning, go to work, come home and eat.

Get a good crock pot book (if you don't know what to do) and enjoy.....super quick, easy dinners. Crocks are not just for soup and chili's....you can even make desserts in them.

Christel

Creative Kim Funk said...

Sounds yummy Christel :) I love my crock pot too BUT on those days when I am not quite that organized (pre-planning), these easy "stick it in the oven" dishes work as a good back up :)

Anonymous said...

Kim, the beauty of a crock pot is that even if the roast, meat, whatever is frozen you can stick it in in the morning....set to low and approx 6-8 hours later it is done....so even if you forget to defrost the meat it still works.

Now if you forget to crock it, well.....I cant help you there lol :)

Christel

Creative Kim Funk said...

Exactly! :) if I think about it by noon, great! If not, Plan B!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! :)